Thursday, January 26, 2006

They can't tell it's not bacon...

You know the sound bacon makes when you throw it in a hot skillet? I made that sound today with my mouth. When I say I made the sound, I don't mean a faithful reproduction thereof, I mean the actual sound. Also the smell. Lesson learned: if you roast hot dogs over the gas stove (don't do that, BTW, it doesn't work well) don't try to lick the juice off the fork when you're done. The result is one of those moments during which you think "Oh shit" in wide-eyed fright before even completely realizing what exactly is stupid about what you've just done. It takes about 10 or 15 minutes to start really hurting, too, so you believe, until you eat the mustard-covered fruit of your stupidity, that you've gotten away with your red-hot misdeed. You have not.

On a lighter note, I have a new toy. It's actually my birthday present, even though that was in November. Kind of a long story. Short version is, Jandaman came through with the goods, and in record time, too. We ordered it on Friday or Saturday I think, he shipped on Monday, told me it would be here in 3-5 days, and it showed up on Wednesday. Not bad for going through the USPS. This thing rocks though. It has built in NES, SMS, and Game Gear emulators. I've been playing so many 8-bit games in the last 24 hours it's almost sick. Also, a kid in one of my classes saw me using the flash cart, resulting in a discussion about games, and he may want to buy one of the way-too-expensive SNES games that I've been thinking of putting on eBay. We'll see how that turns out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home