Friday, April 15, 2005

Go, Speed Racer, Go!

School is keeping me pretty busy lately, but even with class work and tax season and all that other garbage people use as excuses to not do the things they should, I find time to peruse the internets. I've found a few interesting sites, such as thesneeze.com, and rediscovered old favorites, such as bisqwit's NES videos (only for the most hard-core of nerds), and old content at (relatively) new sites, like the BOFH (also for the extremely geeky among us.)

In real-life news, my family is down a couple of vehicles lately. My youngest brother has been restoring a 1968 Camaro for some time now, and has a good deal of time and cash invested in it. Last Friday, my dad borrowed my truck to pull the Camaro home on a trailer. The short version of this is that the trailer lost control, totaling the freshly restored, not-yet driven (and consequently not-yet insured) Camaro in a spectacular barrel-roll down a 30-foot embankment. To help my brother deal with his loss, some terribly considerate person came to the wreck site before he could secure a means to get the remains home, and removed most of the valuable exterior parts, such as hub caps, beauty rings, spoiler, you get the picture. God bless you, kind stranger. I hope you get much good from making a bad situation worse. My truck was damaged too, but being a driven vehicle, it is insured, and is being repaired. In the mean time the insurance company has granted me the use of a two-week-old Pontiac Grand Prix. I am quite fond of European cars, but this domestic is turning my head. It is fun. It accelerates like nothing I've driven recently, and the stereo has me carrying CD s again, a habit I had grown out of at some point in the not-too-distant past. I'm really not looking forward to sending it back next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home