Thursday, April 28, 2005

Four Fried Chickens and a Coke

So the story that made me so sad was workshopped this morning. I was feeling pretty badly about the story as a whole, it seemed kind of over-the-top in some places, and not very good at all. Everyone loved it, though. They found flaws, of course--that's what the workshops are for--but the preponderance of feedback was positive. Everyone raved about it, several people (including two of the grad students) told me after class that it was great (or in one case awesome), and the professor not only told me it was very good, but on the copy she reviewed and gave to me, she wrote that it was amazing. I am floored.

Everyone's mom seems a little less crazy right now.

In what may be great news, someone (NY Attorney General, in fact) is suing a company that bundles their "free" software with spyware. Even if the lawsuit fails, it has already hurt the company's stock prices. I sure hope the AG wins this case.

Sometimes things that seem genius are just annoying. (At least when I tried it.)

Most important news, Lisbeth has an interview for a grown-up type job on Wednesday. She went out today to buy an interview suit. She's pretty excited (that's what writers call "understatement") and I am too. I really hope she gets the job, because I think she'll enjoy it a lot, and will be very good at it. She's good at everything she does, but most of this job seems almost tailor-made for her.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so I want to read the story.....

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so I want to read the story.....

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so I want to read the story.....

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so I want to read the story.....

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

opps....I guess I just left that key down too long!!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home